Streem brings a fresh approach to the media monitoring and news intelligence industry. We've built an unmatched platform that helps organisations track their brand, products or people by collecting and analysing the impact of thousands of Online & Print news stories and hours of Radio and TV programs every day in real-time. Technology is at the core of Streem's capabilities, and our small & focused engineering team strives on solving product and scale challenges using the best tools for the job. We take pride in our work and enjoy pushing our skills and knowledge as a team.
While our stack is mostly Ruby on Rails and ElasticSearch for API & background processing on the backend + Ionic/Angular SPA on the frontend, our software and data engineers come from various backgrounds and also have experience with NodeJS, React, Python, Vue etc.
Some of us are stronger on the backend, other on the frontend, but we all work collaboratively top to bottom. We run our infrastructure in AWS/GCP cloud but also manage multiple physical servers monitoring local broadcast across the country, aiming for the sweet spot between monolith and micro-services.
A passionate software engineer with 4-8 years of experience across the whole web stack, familiar with Rails & Angular or eager to transfer skills from similar frameworks. Interest in news & media, data science and NLP or DevOps/Sysadmin are a bonus.
- Work alongside the founders and account managers to improve the existing platform and bring new features to life in our desktop/mobile/admin apps all the way from concept to deployment.
- Write efficient, maintainable and tested code that the rest of the team can rely on and refactor with confidence
- Build upon multiple external APIs and services for NLP, monitoring, crawling etc. to not reinvent the wheel
- Be involved in architecture, technology & tooling decisions
- Deploy every day!
- Great location in Surry Hills (Sydney) 100m from Central Station
- Choice of hardware/OS
- Friday lunches
- Company trips
- Equity possible
- Small team with proven product & revenue: all the opportunities and challenges of a startup without the risks